Film: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

Last night, first of two films in a row, I was back with The Hideout for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre at the Prince Charles. Connor from London Museums A-Z (LoMAZ) came, his first Hideout event, which was cool..

I got there first, as it happened, but the organiser, Stefan, wasn't far behind me. And quite a large group of us gathered in the cinema bar - I was surprised to hear how many had never seen it before!

There's a lot to love about this film.. early on, you get that metallic background noise that permeates through the whole film. And the weird family are seriously, unremittingly, weird. Mostly, I love the short, sharp killings that are meted out for the most part - quick, efficient, and brutal. People treated like pieces of meat. Shock the senses. The only part I've never liked, as I told the group afterwards, is the dinner, which is just a tad too slow for my liking. But I rated it highly - and I wasn't alone, with an overall average of nearly 8/10.

Afterwards, because it was early, to the W, where.. well, I had to have steak, right? And chat revolved around things horrific, natch. Lovely to be with this group, always. I just managed to get the last post out last night, though..

Tonight, I'm off to a film called Love Me Tender at the Arzner - my first time there. It specialises in gay film, and this is a French film about a gay, divorced woman, fighting with her ex-husband for custody of their son. It was booking out, so I booked. Lovely and late, which allows me to catch up with myself.

Then it's a run of four more Meetup days. Tomorrow, finally back with Up in the Cheap Seats for Jeeves Takes Charge, at the Charing Cross Theatre. 

On Friday, back with The Hideout for Insidious: Out of the Further. Love this series.. and lo, this'll mean I'll have been to four Hideout events in a row! The venue has finally been announced as the Vue Leicester Square, and we're meeting in a new location beforehand - Joshua's Tavern at The Londoner. And, of course, I've booked Bella Italia before that.

The weekend, as so often, belongs to LoMAZ. On Saturday, I'm on a daytrip with them to Cardiff.. haven't been there since a U2 concert, back in 2009! Booked my train with Uber, who got me an economical split fare without me having to figure anything out. 

On Sunday, we're going to a Mozart prom..

And then I'm racing across town to co-host a Dracula event at the British Museum- we're viewing Room 47, which has exhibits relating to the 1800s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film: They Will Kill You & Musical: Lifeline

Spring, Not Quite Summer, Social & Cutty Sark

Dark Secrets: The Esoteric Exhibition