Film: Insidious - Out of the Further
Tonight, back with The Hideout for Insidious: Out of the Further. Love this series.. and lo, this was my fourth Hideout event in a row! (Second Meetup in a row of four days.) The venue was finally announced as the Vue Leicester Square, and we were to meet in a new location beforehand - Joshua's Tavern at The Londoner. And, of course, I booked Bella Italia before that.
Tower Bridge Road was closed, so our bus was diverted.. and I arrived quite late at the restaurant, asking could they still accommodate me. Whereupon the server at the door - who knew me - asked whether it was a table for two. Huh? She looked behind me - and lo, there was Matt, co-host of tonight's event! So we ended up having dinner together, which was most pleasant - honestly, I hadn't even thought to invite anyone along..
We were a bit late heading to the bar, which is in a new hotel just beside the Odeon West End. We went through the front door, which was the hotel entrance, and where someone led us to the backstairs that lead to the bar - as she explained, we could have accessed it more easily by walking down the left-hand side of the building, and entering through the door there.
The window was completely open to the elements:
Inside, the fittings were brass:
We found another of the group outside, and a couple more arrived to round off the party. I was instructed that there were communal toilets - I swear, I could not find them! Went to the regular ones instead.. where they have heated seats! Wine was reasonably priced, and conversation was good till we repaired to the cinema.
I really liked this latest instalment in the Insidious franchise. Delighted to see the return of the psychic, Lin Shaye.. she helps our latest protagonist, a young woman with the ability to bring beings back from the Further (the afterlife, if you will). Mind you, on a day when I had to go to the dentist, I thought it ironic that she was a dentist herself.. Said beings are as creepy as ever, and there are a decent number of scares.. Not exactly ground-breaking, still, it's a very respectable addition, and I think most of us liked it.




Comments
Post a Comment