Drinks

Tonight, third Meetup in a row! I was back, unusually, with London Social and Cultural Meetups for a social drinks evening in Daly's Wine Bar. And I could eat there too..

I might have left later, if not for the landlord, who came around to clear the back garden. Which he had to access through my room (the converted living room). So I said sod it - I'd finished my work for the day, I'd head off. No point in watching him clear stuff. I arrived a bit early - I was starving, and popped into Pret first. Where I'd just finished when the organiser messaged that she'd arrived. So I headed off.

My, it's confusing on Google Maps! For some reason, it located it on Devereux Court. Nope, the entrance is on Essex Street.. we had at least one person bail on us because of that! No need for that, seriously - all I did was delete the address it thought it was at, and put in the business name - sorted! In the end, I was the second to arrive - there were four of us in total.

I ate there as well - chicken schnitzel. Which was a bit burnt about the edges, but otherwise fine. The chips, I have to say, were lovely. And we chatted companionably for a couple of hours.. by the time we were thinking about leaving, the rain was chucking it down! Anyway, hope this becomes a regular feature - having seen it before, I think it's a great way to encourage a group, having something once a month or so..

Tomorrow, film again - best rated is Bye Bye Tiberias, a documentary about a Palestinian woman who went to live in France, where she became an actor. Curzon Bloomsbury again.

On Wednesday, back with London Literary Walks (LLW) for a walk entitled Fleet Street Newspapers. We're meeting at The Blackfriar pub, where I can eat, conveniently.

The plan for Thursday is film again! Utterly delighted that this is still showing, and I can make it - I'll go to see Kinds of Kindness, the latest offering from the esoteric mind of Yorgos Lanthimos, who again has reunited Emma Stone and Willem Dafoe, with Jesse Plemons and Hong Chau, in what promises to be a wonderfully odd offering. Showing in the BFI this time (twice that evening), but not selling out, so I haven't booked. Then I'm back to Ireland for the weekend.

The next two days, back with CT for the Bitesize Festival at Riverside Studios - they have a few offerings, but on the 22nd, I'm going to see Dangled.

And on the 23rd, Namastae Bae - a satirical guru. I've just realised that London Baroque Music Lovers has an event that day - they're going to Prom 7, at the Royal Albert Hall. Durnit, forgot about that when I was booking for that day! but I was booking a lot, and it was late at night, so I was tired. Never mind, that's quite a late event anyway. Shame though, I hardly ever meet this group these days - their events aren't very frequent.

On the 24th, back with LLW for a walk about Newton and Legal London. We're meeting in The Devereux, but they don't do proper meals - I'm eating in The George, up the road, beforehand. At least, after tonight, I have some idea of the complicated street mapping!

The next two days, back with Over 40 Living the Life. On the 25th, it's Afrique en Cirque at the Queen Elizabeth Hall - always love a circus!

On the 26th, it's Slave Play - at the Noel Coward, it got a terrific review. Stars Kit Harington - who apparently gets his kit off! (pun intended). Eating in the nearby Bella Italia.

The 27th is the next date possible for my ex-coworkers' reunion, what with everybody travelling hither and yon, and suffering from jetlag.. I was thinking of going back to Brown's. But now Ivan's requested the following day, because he's rehearsing that day - and the others seem fine with it. So I'll probably just head to the cinema on the 27th.

For the 28th, I've decided to go closer to Victoria - handy for James, whose train comes in there, and handier for the others, who are coming from far-flung opposite ends of town.. so I've booked The Albert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling: The Spanking Goddess

Play: Player Kings

Film: The First Omen