Dinner: Greenwich Yacht Club

Tonight, another dinner at Greenwich Yacht Club with Over 40 Living the Life. Third Tuesday in a row - but the last time for a while they'd be doing it. So, I worked a bit late.. our organiser was there a bit early, which meant she was messaging us to say she was already there - when I hadn't yet left! Yikes..

Never mind, I did get there at the appointed time. Brr, it's cold though! As we all remarked to each other, where did the warmer weather go?! The wind, as I was walking to the Tube, as I was walking to the club, was bitter. I was so glad to get inside.. mind you, we had one member putting on her coat - it wasn't so very warm inside either..

I decided sod it, and I got the bottle - knew I'd drink it. (And you do save 50p.) For my food, I went back to the burger, which I knew, from previous experience, to be good. And it was.. although I had to search for the sneaky slice of tomato, hiding in the bottom, and which I can't eat.. Otherwise, very tasty. Conversation was good too, as she previewed her upcoming trips - I'm not going on them, but gee, they sound interesting. ;-) I skipped dessert.. people wanted to be off anyway. And on the way home, we passed that interesting, headless statue I also passed on the aforementioned occasion:

Tomorrow, I'm at The Hideout's April social! The BFI Riverfront Bar again..

On Thursday, taking a break from Meetup - I'm going to a talk, interesting-sounding to me, at Southwark Cathedral. It's The King's Assassin, about the relationship between James VI/I and George Villiers, now a TV series, Mary & George, with Julianne Moore as his scheming mother. Based on a book, whose author is giving this talk. And as that's also walking distance from me, I'll look to go to the office tomorrow. Maybe. I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Then I'm back to Ireland for the weekend again. Film-wise, the weekend is looking like That They May Face the Rising Sun, based on the last book, of the same name, by John McGahern, set in rural Ireland in the 80s. Yes, showing in the Omniplex, now that they've finally declared their listings.. I'd book, but honestly, they have such a habit of changing their times..

The next two days in London, I'm ticking theatrical boxes - both in Delfont Mackintosh theatres, and both, would you believe, cheapest from the official source! On Monday, I'm finally getting to see Player Kings, depicting the relationship between Falstaff and Hal from both parts of Shakepeare's Henry IV, with Sir Ian McKellan as Falstaff. Looking forward to it - I love Shakespeare adaptations. That's in the Noel Coward Theatre, and I'm paying a little extra not to sit in the slips, so I get more legroom.

Next Tuesday, I'm back with Up in the Cheap Seats to see Opening Night, a musical with music by Rufus Wainwright. Before it closes! That's at the Gielgud.

On the 1st, back with The London Horror Book Club - they're doing a book I think I'll like - well, I certainly was interested in the free sample, so I bought it. It's The Fifth Child, about a couple living in domestic bliss, having four children, and all is sweetness and light.. until the fifth arrives.. This will be in The Prince of Wales, Drury Lane again. A few months since I was last with them.

And on the 2nd, back with London Classical Music and Theatre Group, for the opera Lucia di Lammermoor in the Royal Opera House.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling: The Spanking Goddess

Film: It Lives Inside

Concert: U2 #4 & Films: Past Lives, Moonlight, Spielberg, The Great Escaper, Calendar Girls, & The Turning